Logging Into the Teacher's ConsoleEdit
1. Select 3DHive.play.
2. Type in your username and password.
3. Credentials for teachers will usually be the teacher's e-mail id.
4. Click on the game’s name.
5. Click Join.
6. The 3DHive teacher’s console will now launch.
This button shows all of the available actions that can be controlled by the teacher, such as moving, locking out and chatting to every player in the map.
This button shows all the available actions for the environment such as weather and time of day. It also lets you pause, restart and resume the game for all players.
Teacher's Journal Edit
This button will give you access to a field that allows you to note down your thoughts and observations of the class.
Going Further: Classroom ManagementEdit
When selected, Class will give you options to control everyone in the game using buttons that Lock, Unlock, Position and Chat players.
Lock / UnlockEdit
- Lock and Unlock can be used to control the class’ movement in the game. You could use this if you have a teachable moment you want to identify to the class.
- This button allows teleport players to be teleported to the centre of the map (Pointer) or to the point in the map the player originally appeared at the start of the game (Spawn).
- Clicking on Chat will open up a text field in which you can send messages to the class. These could be directions, trivial questions or mini-quests.
When selected, Team will provide options to control a single team using buttons that Lock, Unlock, Position and Chat players.
When selected, Player will provide options to control a single player using buttons that Lock, Unlock, Position and Chat players.
Going Further: Game ManagementEdit
Clicking Pause will allow you to stop the game temporarily to print up teaching points or to explain a concept in-depth before resuming the game.
Clicking Reset will allow you to restart the game. You could use this button when you want to reallocate players or switch teams.
Exiting the Teacher's Console Edit
1. To leave the Teacher’s Console, just pres Esc on your keyboard.
2. A pop up box will ask: do you want to quit Virtual World?
3. Click Yes to log out.